— Have you ever wondered why it seems like you are standing still – even though you are on a planet that is moving through space? Albert Einstein wondered why.
— Do you know what the famous equation E=mc2 means? Einstein could have explained it!
— Do you know why black holes exist?
In this engaging book, author Paul Fleisher answers these and many more questions as he looks at the laws of relativity and quantum mechanics. With easy-to-understand concepts and experiments, readers are introduced to the basic principles of modern physics in an exciting way.
This living book is referenced in several living book curriculum lists, including AmblesideOnline.org and MaterAmabilis.com. This edition of Paul Fleisher’s Secrets of the Universe has been fully revised by the author and features all of the original illustrations by Patricia Keeler.
Paul Fleisher’s Secrets of the Universe curriculum contains five books, which are all available as a set:
- Liquids and Gases: Principles of Fluid Mechanics
- Matter and Energy: Principles of Matter and Thermodynamics
- Relativity and Quantum Mechanics: Principles of Modern Physics
- Waves: Principles of Light, Electricity, and Magnetism
- Objects in Motion: Principles of Classical Mechanics