— Have you ever wondered why objects drop to the ground or what keeps the Moon from crashing into the Earth? Isaac Newton wondered why.
— Do you know whether a bowling ball will fall faster than a cricket ball? Galileo could have told you!
In Objects in Motion, author Paul Fleisher answers these question and many more as he explores the scientific laws that describe how and why objects move. Fun experiments that readers can do on their own and helpful illustrations introduce the basic principles of classical mechanics.
This living book is referenced in several living book curriculum lists, including AmblesideOnline.org and MaterAmabilis.com. This edition of Paul Fleisher’s Secrets of the Universe has been fully revised by the author and features all of the original illustrations by Patricia Keeler.
Paul Fleisher’s Secrets of the Universe curriculum contains five books, which are all available as a set:
- Liquids and Gases: Principles of Fluid Mechanics
- Matter and Energy: Principles of Matter and Thermodynamics
- Relativity and Quantum Mechanics: Principles of Modern Physics
- Waves: Principles of Light, Electricity, and Magnetism
- Objects in Motion: Principles of Classical Mechanics