Best value! The American Literature print and ebook bundle.
Advantages of choosing the print and ebook bundle
When you purchase the American Literature print and ebook set, each edition contains the same material, but each format serves a specific purpose. Here are a few of the advantages:
- Printable rubrics and forms
- The reproducible rubric and other forms can be printed off instead of photocopied.
- Multiple users
- If you have more than one student in your household using it at the same time,* each student will have a personal copy.
- Easy reference and evaluation
- Important chapters such as How to Read a Book, How to Write an Essay, and Formats and Models are more easily referred to in the print version.
- Parents can use the print copy to easily answer questions, compare student papers with the models, and so forth.
- Efficient study
- Students can keep the Formats and Models chapter in the print book open while typing an essay so they can easily stay on track.
- Discount on e-book version of new editions
- If you own both formats, you’ll be able to upgrade to a new edition of the ebook for just $10 whenever a new edition comes out.
In American Literature, you will study:
- Autobiography by Benjamin Franklin
- Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving and selected works by Longfellow
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
You can read a full description of American Literature and its contents at the print edition page.
Following the nine modules that outline readings and a week-by-week lesson plan for each of the classic works being studied, you will find reference resources, including instructions for evaluation, reproducible rubric and assignment sheets, and more. You can see an annotated listing of each of the introductory and reference chapters at the “What is included in Excellence in Literature” post.
Visit my blog to read about how I chose the literature for Excellence in Literature. This link will open in a new tab, so you don’t have to worry about losing your place here.
*Note: Each ebook version is licensed for use in a single family or household, so you may use it on as many computers and with as many siblings as needed, but it should not be shared outside the home. Thank you!
American Literature is also known as English 3, and is the third volume of the Excellence in Literature curriculum.